Monday, August 16, 2010

and so it begins

here i will leave my dream of me actually living 150 years ago. it is sad to part with it. but i will leave it here. here in my sister's bedroom and here it will stay. i am now excepting that mr.darcy is not real. that he is just a character of a book, such as lord voldemort in harry potter. he doesn't exsist. but i think there may be a man out there that is a little less socially awkward and just as wildly passionate. anywho. here i leave my undieing love for living 150 years ago. when i leave for oregon i won't even think about it. not once. (at least i'll try). goodbye fantasy of long dresses, suitors, and tea.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah right. You'll never let that one die. Your room is filled with tea cups and quills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jobbie Socks,

    For SO long I told people I was born in the wrong decade. I wished I was living my youth between 1910 and 1950. It took me years to let go. At least we can dress like the times we love. AM I RIGHT?!! You can always use quill pens and wax seals in your letters. It'll set you apart as charming. I think about Lara's yellow dress she wore to Huntington Gardens. She reminded me so much of Andrew Wyeth's painting "Christina's World" from 1948. She looked like a beautiful old painting!! HEART! XOXO! LOVE! Go Lara!
    And you look like a picture most days, sissy.

    I still look around me and have to convince myself into living mentally in the present day.

    I used to feel that NOTHING of present day manners or fashion were of value. But it's when I'm using a vitamix or washing machine that I love living in 2010. Without these utensils, I'd be a slave to the kitchen.
    NO WAY.
    Happy to be living now.
    Love,
    Elie

    ReplyDelete